George E. Porter

Sunday School Superintendent, 35 years

George E. Porter was the son of Major George Porter and Mary Amanda Miles Porter. In 1959, George E. Porter Hall was finished and dedicated. The Sunday School building was rightly named after George because he served as Sunday School Superintendent for 35 years.

During his tenure as superintendent, he also served as Treasurer, Junior Warden, and Senior Warden at one time or another. He was an official of the Church or Sunday School, 48 of his 49 years in Perry.